top of page
What to Do:
Leave the tattoo bandaged for 3-5 hours, no longer.
Remove bandage under warm running water. If bandage is stuck to the tattoo, gently remove it while under running water, therefore reducing the risk of damaging the tattoo.
Once bandage is removed, wash the tattoo using an unscented\mild soap (baby soap) under warm water. Be sure to wash your hands first.
For 3-5 days, make sure the tattoo is kept very clean. Using A very mild soap, baby shampoo works well. If scab does form, do not pick at it, but allow it to heal on it’s own.
After 3-5 days, switch to a fragrance free lotion or gentle moisturizer (Lubricate) as needed until completely healed. Do not over apply and be sure to wash your hands first.
Healing generally takes 14 days in a normal healthy adult. As it heals, expect peeling similar to sunburned skin.
Somewhere between 3 and 6 days, the tattoo will start to flake off like tissue paper. Let the skin peel naturally. You will notice small pieces of dry skin containing color coming off while using the lotion or washing the tattoo. This is normal- it is just a top layer of dead skin coming off. Your tattoo is not disappearing.
• Once bandage is completely removed DO NOT re-bandage the tattoo.
• NO direct sunlight on tattoo for first 2-3 weeks.
• DO NOT pick or scratch tattoo while it is peeling.
• DO NOT soak the tattoo for 2 weeks. No swimming, baths, hot tubs or saunas for 2 weeks.
• No shaving or waxing area until tattoo is completely healed.
• DO NOT apply alcohol, Vaseline petroleum jelly or sun block to fresh tattoo.
• DO NOT listen to friends or so-called tattoo experts. If you have questions, call or visit!!
TATTOO AFTER CARE
PIERCING AFTER CARE
bottom of page